- I'm an EMS / Ministry of Health / Hospital / University / etc interested in rolling-out an EFAR system. Great, partnering with what we call a "Governing Body" that will coordinate EFAR systems across a larger area is typically the first step. If you want to roll-out an EFAR system, or want to put us in contact with an entity that could, contact us. In South Africa, the Western Cape EMS and the Academic Division of Emergency Medicine of Cape Town assists with the implementation of EFAR systems. Outside of South Africa, the African Federation for Emergency Medicine (AFEM) assists with implementation.
- I'm a person or organisation interested in bringing EFAR to my community. If you're in an area already covered by an EFAR Governing Body that coordinates EFAR systems across its larger region, contact them and let us know if you need help! If you're not in an area covered by a Governing Body, contact us and we'll help you start the groundswell to get the EFAR movement going in your area--or maybe you're a potential Governing Body yourself that can help roll-out EFAR in your own community and possibly those around you, we can discuss that. If you're not sure if you're in a covered area, contact us and we'll sort it out!
- I'm a student / professional / enthusiastic person keen to volunteer, consult or research for EFAR. Many of our best ideas and work came from people who gave up their valuable time to spend it with us, and we know how to capitalize on excited, bright minds to use their skills, experience and potential to better EFAR, accomplish our goals, or even develop and strive for new goals we weren't even aware we should've been pursuing yet. We welcome all sorts of suggested projects, and can also work to help you develop a project that helps EFAR, accommodates your interests, ambitions and expertise, and that you'll be passionate about--which is what we've observed to be when the individuals that work with us do their best and most beneficial work for us. If you're unsure what your skills, goals or interests are, give us a shout anyway and we'll see what we can do. Once you're ready, please contact us.
- I'm a third party organization interested in collaborating or partnering with EFAR. Awesome. At EFAR we are adamant that everyone is all on one team for healthcare. The relationship between EFAR and you will depend on the nature of your organization and what EFAR can do for you, and can include endorsements, special services, research/project collaborations, mutual advising, etc. The easiest way to flesh this out is for us to discuss, so contact us.
- I have lots of money or equipment I want to donate to EFAR. At the beginning of EFAR, we purposefully starved ourselves of money and supplies, believing that if we couldn't set a system up with few resources then it wouldn't be appropriate for Africa. We are expanding rapidly though, and some sites would benefit from a small start-up injection. Contact us to let us know what you have to offer, and we can also put you in touch with community members so they can tell you what their EFAR needs are and can help you decide where to allocate those resources.
- I have skills, and want to join the core EFAR team! So do we! We can use skills all the way from psychology, to design, to health and medicine, to media, to business, to tech, and everything in between and all around. Contact us, we'd love to hear more about who you are!